Tuesday, May 03, 2011

JACE is 2!!

Wow!!  I can't believe it.  How did my little boy turn 2 already.  It just seems like he was just a little baby.  He has grown up waaayyyy too fast.  Much faster than my other two.  Maybe it's because he thinks he is just as old as the other two and can do EVERYTHING they can do.  He is a jibber jabber.  I have been trying to get it on video, but I haven't been able to do it.  He will just sit their and start talking jibberish-- and he changes the tone of his voice too.  It is soo cute.  Jace is not afraid to do anything.  Whatever he can do to keep up with the rest he will do it.  Growing up we had this HUGE slide that was connected to the top floor of our house.  Well, now that slide is at my sister's and  Jinettie ran in the other day and was sooo excited for me to come watch Jace.  He can go down the slide all by himself.  That didn't scare me as much as him climbing up the stairs and ladders all by himself.  It is not the safest for a 2 year old.


We didn't do much for his birthday-- but enough for the kids to all have fun.  My Grandma came up on his birthday to give him his present.  We didn't do anything for him until Sunday.  We wanted to wait until his present was finished-- and that happened Sunday after church, so while he was taking a nap, the kids and I made cupcakes.  So it was just a family celebration, but the kids loved that they got to help with the cake.

The kids gave him a bubble blowing gun, which he loved and used the bubbles very quickly.  We gave him a rocking horse.  I didn't do much--- It was all Clay.  He seriously amazes me at the talent he has in wood working.  I think the horse turned out AWESOME!!  I love it and so does Jace.  Of course, my perfectionist of a husband says that there are definitely things he would do differently.  It is PERFECT!!! (Well, we just have to get the material for the ears--then it will be PERFECT)




1 comment:

Grandma Mecham said...

You have such cute kids! It is fun to see them growing on your blog! A beautiful rocking horse! What a talented man you have!!!!