Well, Jinettie lost her first tooth on Thanksgiving Day. It had been loose for about a week, and everyday she asked if I could pull it. She was anxiously awaiting for the Tooth Fairy to come. So, I decided to pull it on Thanksgiving. She was sooo tough. I LOVE to pull teeth. I know, a little weird, but I do. I tied some floss around her tooth and got Clay so he could video tape it. I asked her what she wanted to count to, she said 10. Well, we only made it to 7 and out it came. No tears -- but on the video it sounds an in between a cry and a laugh. She loves to put her tongue in the missing space and she thinks it is pretty cool. She will have a few missing teeth before she even starts kindergarten. That day my parents and my Grandma came up for Thanksgiving Dinner. Yep, I cooked the Turkey. It turned out pretty scrumptious if I do say so myself. It was nice to stay home. Jinettie had called my mom before they left and my mom threw together a Tooth Pillow. That night Jinettie woke up throwing up, but under the circumstances she had forgotten about the tooth until she woke up that next morning. You could hear the sound of little feet running through the living room. She was soooo excited that the tooth fairy left her a Dollar. Earlier before she went to bed I asked her what she thought she would get. She told me a dollar, I asked her if she thought the tooth fairy would leave her 4 quarters -- because what if she didn't have a dollar. She informed me that they don't carry change. Luckily the better half of this tooth fairy had a dollar and that was the first thing she told me--"See mom, I told you she didn't carry change". Good to know for the future. She still has the dollar folded up in her pillow.
Oh the teaching is rewarding!
14 years ago





5 comments:
I can't believe she lost her first tooth!!! I was wondering when they start to fall out...I guess Quinten should be any time now :) I can't believe how old our kiddos are! Better yet, I can't believe how old that makes us!
That is so cute how excited she get when she realizes it is out. You are weird that you like to pull teeth. I, on the other hand, do not look forward to that at all. Luckily my kids get teeth so late that they won't lose any until first or second grade. :)
That's so funny! Kolten lost his first tooth that day too!!! I thought it was going to be worse than he made it out to be but he did good! I can't believe she let you pull it like that! haha! She's super cute!
That IS weird that you like to pull teeth! :)
I would like to go to a CSI game sometime...but I'm afraid that I'm so old now that I won't remember anyone other than Connie. Next time you go, say hi from me.
You must be like your Uncle Don, he always liked to pull the kids teeth, too. NOT ME!!! Tell her that I thought she was VERY BRAVE!
Post a Comment